BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

End of an Era

Today was my last day working at the Downtown Y... and I am pleased to report that the day ended with a surprise cake from my boss and a lil party with some staff in an office room. That was a very nice thing to do. :)
It has been 4 years that I've worked there. I started working there at the beginning of September 2006 when I switched over from another Y so I could be closer to my place of work. The Y has a large turn-over right so over the past few years I have worked with a few generations of employees. Now most people think of me as "the one who has been there forever" and the date that I started predates almost all of them. Actually no one who works there now was around when I first started. I know four years does not seem like a long time at all... but it definitely feels like it. One can change and grow a lot in the span of four years... and I have. Come Monday I will be a new guy again... but I will have my own staff to run... so I am sure there will be some interesting stories to come... Oh my goodness...

0 comments: