Hello Again Old Friend,
It has been a long time since my last blog... quite long, in fact. It was before Christmas, the last time I blogged and now it is mid February (Valentines Day)... and Hell... A LOT has happened in that time... and my life has been turned completely upside down, but in the end... it may be for the better.
I'll start from the beginning... The last time that I blogged, I was constantly stressed and depressed over my job. It wasn't the most horrible job ever, but I seriously didn't like it. It wasn't for me. There was really very little passion for my job... and I have thought of quitting on several occasions... On January 7th I was fired. It is not a great experience because well.... I need money... and that tarnishes my reputation and my resumé... However I needed to escape from that place so honestly... I am grateful.
But January was the month from Hell. Not only was I fired, but my computer died a few days prior to that so I had no way of looking for job ads online and the climate here is pretty damn cold for walking around, applying in person. So while my computer was still being repaired, I decided I would go to a friend's place and use his computer... On my way there I was in a car accident... like... really? Someone at a stop sign had to commence to drive into oncoming traffic (aka me) at a time like this? Fucking hell. I am just lucky that I have a good relationship with my parents and that they can pay for things for me... however I feel bad constantly costing them money. They did pay to get my car fixed. And I wasn't injured.... and I've put out a lot of applications to random places... but... the best part of the story is on the way....
I am jobless. I am not in school. I am single. I have a very small friend base. So... I figured it was perfect timing to get certified to teach English as a second language and to go overseas. Just about a week after I was dismissed from my old place of employment I started my English as a second language teaching course.... and it was AWESOME. I don't think I've cared about something or had such a good time doing something in... years.... and the possibilities that come with it are just amazing. The course and the idea of teaching English is something that has really made me happy in a way that nothing else has for a very long time... so I hope that everything works out for me. I hope that I land a position and that I will enjoy the experience as much as I'd like to. I really hope that all that has happened in the past month turns out to be a major positive life changing event.
Right now the only thing that is really bothering me from day to day is the uncertainty. I am confident that I will land a job overseas but how long will that take? WIll I find a temporary job before then? Will I get some sort of income soon? *nervous laugh* Yeeaaaahh.
There are very promising leads in Taiwan right now. Japan would also be a great opportunity... but I think I will end up going to Taiwan, which also seems awesome.
Now, I just want certainty in my life. I want to get a good job (temporary local job & overseas job) and know that I will have money coming in and that I will have something to do other than apply, apply, apply, apply and play Cityville all day. I'm bored and I'm tired of being unemployed.
If anybody reads this, please cross your fingers for me.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Everything Turned Upside Down
Posted by Telefunken at 1:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment