Well, today was a very full day at work... I ended up having to pick up a package from UPS for my branch and I ended up having a driving fiasco during rush hour... basically I passed the UPS store and it was hell to try to get back! Just Hell! I don't know the area very well either so I am just driving all confusedly all over a bunch of roads trying to get back onto the main road.. Holy damn, that was Hell! But anyway, I did it. I got back, drove a person home after work and then called a lady about viewing an apartment and I ended up going to view it tonight. The apartment is a very old character apartment, similar to what I have now... There is a bedroom however which makes a Hell of a difference. I was a little unsure about it for a couple reasons... first off... I was sort of planning to get an apartment that was quite large and more modern and with dishwasher, balcony, etc.... Secondly.. I was planning on escaping from downtown... and this apartment is downtown.... However my need to escape downtown has sort of subsided since I started working outside of downtown and I don't want to live close to work anyway. Also, this building is right by the river and they have bunnies and raccoons galore around it apparently and it is really close to park area. Plus there is parking. There is also a nice bench sort of behind the parking lot facing the trees in front of the river which would be a nice place to sit and enjoy the outdoors. One thing that also was really selling me was.... the landlady... She is the most adorable middle aged British lady... She was very friendly and just adorable... and we sat on the bench enjoying the nice evening and chatted away. She apparently has been involved in Theatre in her lifetime and I am also a theatre person and she went to the Ballet in the park and she said "James, you HAVE to go" however tomorrow evening is the last chance to see it and I was planning to drive to Brandon right after work, so I am not sure if I will go or not. Anywayz.... I got an application and filled it out just now. I intend to drop it off tomorrow morning. There are definite things that I like about it... but I am also a lil nervous.. Is it REALLY what I want?
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment