BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Dark Void

Last night I watched a film... and it... It hit me in a way that most movies do not. It was a very powerful film and I was able to in my own way empathize with one of the characters in certain scenes in a very strong way... and it's one of the movies that you just can't shake off after seeing it. I loved the movie because it was actually able to make me feel something but it is also very disturbing and it is not something I would recommend for the faint of heart. The writing, acting, directing was all very powerful and I am still sort of stunned.
Parts of the film took me back to my dark days where I had rejected all senses of "morality" and made decisions that I knew were wrong but I made them anyway. Those were the days where I probably damaged myself the most.... and you don't know if you are a good person anymore or if you are a bad person... and there is sort of an emptiness inside... and sometimes you get yourself wound up in situations where you just want to run away and hide... and deep down you hate yourself.. and often those around you.
That was then. Now is a very different time. But emotionally I just went back there again temporarily after seeing this film and I am still feeling a little emotionally disoriented.

There's something else I need to say that is not entirely related. I don't to run and hide from my modern day life as well, but that is a totally different story.

I feel lost and disoriented.

0 comments: