So... today I woke up at 5am to go to work.... headed out the door started down the street.... and decided I'd check to see that my car was still there.... I look over to the area where I parked along the street.... and........ there was nothing. There were no cars parked... at all. At that moment, I was wondering if I was fully awake yet and if I was just terribly confused.... whatever the case, I couldn't really worry about it because I had to get to work.
So, I had all day at work to wonder what had happened to my car. There was the possibility of it being stolen but that was highly unlikely seeing as I had a club on it and also seeing as there were no other cars chances are there was a parking ban last night for street cleaning. One of my bosses lives on my block as well so when she got in to work I asked her about it and she confirmed that indeed there was a parking ban. At this point I realized I had to find out where it was towed and I just hoped that I didn't have to bus someplace ridiculously far to get it and that the fine wouldn't be too nasty.
So I ended up heading home and googling what to do if my vehicle is towed in my city. The website told me that if I had my vehicle parked BEFORE the temporary no parking signs were in place, it would be on a nearby street and I could call 311 for assistance. If I was parked AFTER the signs were in place, I had to call the towing company. I haven't moved my vehicle in three days so I was pretty sure I was there before the signs went up so I called 311 and they basically recited what the website said and that it would be on a nearby street probably but to call the towing company first just in case. So I called the towing company and they did not have my car and they told me to look for it on a nearby street (and the girl on the phone was giggling for some reason).
So then I left my apartment in search of my car. I called my friend who I was supposed to drive to the park that day and told her to help me but she was in her pj's and therefore was of no help. So I was walking around the streets, some of which are slightly sketchy by the way in search of my car.... and I searched and searched and searched... until I found it parked on a street under a tree and covered in crap that fell from the tree. YaY!
And that is the story of how I lost my car and then found it.... and afterwards, I drove my friend and I to the park listening to 90s dance tunes on the way there and we went for a nice run and a tan in the sun! And now I am home and I will now relax.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Dude, where's my car?
Posted by Telefunken at 2:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment